Thursday, January 20, 2011

The journey

So, I've had a request to start blogging about food. Yep, me. Food. Something I have had a love/hate relationship with my entire life. At this point in my life, I think I am controlling it, instead of it controlling me! I don't claim it to be a permanent stage in life, or even that I have arrived. I AM able to say I am on the right road of the journey. It's not the main road and smooth traveling, but more of a back roads, bumpy approach. But I KNOW I am at least going in the right direction. I hope you enjoy the ride with me. Do me a favor? WHEN I get off on a detour or take a wrong turn, point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Broccoli Cheese Soup-it's what's for dinner

1 Box Vegetable Soup
4 Cups Water
32 ounces Broccoli
2 Cups Whole Milk
16 ounces Velveeta
8 ounces Yellow Cheese
Pepper to taste

Boil the broccoli in stock and water for 10 minutes. Turn down to low-med and add in milk and cheese and stir until melted. You may put soup in a crock-pot and simmer until ready to serve.

We will have salad, and bread made of sprouted whole wheat and almond flours to round out our dinner tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you took the demand to start blogging again! This time w/yummy recipes. Thanks for letting us in on your journey.

    ReplyDelete